Having a good amount of maple syrup pouring into your pancakes is a totally satisfying sight, but not on your custom t shirts Canada. Leaving a maple syrup stain to dry on your clothes or wash it only when you have headed home is not helpful either. However, cleaning the maple syrup stain on your clothes is not that hard. Here are ways on how to get rid of maple syrup stains from clothes.
For Washable Clothes
- If the stain is new, simply try to remove it using a dull knife or the edges of your credit card and try to get it off as much as you can.
- Once you see little trace of it, you can simply head on to the nearest sink and remove it by wiping it off with a paper towel or a wet white cloth.
- Before washing it thoroughly, make sure you got every flaky part of the stain removed. This should avoid putting the syrup stain deeper on the fabric, which will be harder to remove once it happens.
- If the stain has been stuck long on your clothes, try to scrape it off first before washing. You can use stain treatments to soften the stain and have it removed thoroughly with hand wash.
- For white clothing, you can use chlorine bleach to remove the syrup stain.
- Be mindful as well of the textile of your clothes, especially with custom t-shirts with various print materials and textile used. You can be extra mindful with washing cotton clothes and jersey textiles as they can easily fade and may make the prints on custom t-shirts brittle.
- You can use natural soaps to wash off the stain. However, never use soap bar or flakes in treating the syrup stain. It could make the stain difficult to remove.
For Dry Clean Only Clothes
- If the stain is new, try to remove it with a paper towel or a napkin. Better yet, head on to the washroom and try to wipe the stain with a wet cloth or paper towel.
- Never leave it there for some time. Instead, head on to your local dry cleaning service provider and never forget to point where the syrup stain was located. This way they will know where to dry clean your clothes.
- If you do your own dry cleaning, you better try taking off the stain using the treatment for stain removal before putting it on the dryer bag.
Although maple syrup stains are a serious stain to consider when maintaining your clothes’ cleanliness, it is also not that hard to take off the stain. Maple syrups are plant sugars and are considered as tannin stains. These types of stains can be easily removed with your usual laundry detergent on warm water, depending on the textile your clothes are made of. All it takes is to wash it as soon as you can and never leave a solid maple syrup stain unattended for a while or it will be harder to remove it when it has stayed long on your clothes.