Skip to content
- 200g sliced bacon
- 2kg butternut squash (seeded, chopped, and peeled)
- 2 cloves of minced garlic
- 150mL maple syrup
- 7g five-spice powder
- 1 onion (chopped and peeled)
- 60g butter
- 1L maple water
- Prepare oven and preheat it to 180°C.
- Have the bacon slices, garlic, and squash chunks into the roaster. Pour in the maple syrup and sprinkle with salt and five-spice powder and roast them until the squash begins to show color.
- Prepare a large pot. Have the onion sweat. Add in the roasted ingredients and the maple water and let the mixture simmer for 15 minutes over low heat.
- Have the blender reduce and adjust the seasoning. Strain it through cheesecloth or sieve. Keep it warm.
- This recipe can serve 4 portions.