This special recipe is a hit on the pro golf circuit in Canada. Golfers now use their range finders to find out how far it is to the clubhouse for one of these meals. Even the mid-level handicap golfers no longer use their irons of the tee as this one will give them the confidence of the driver every time.
- 200g sliced bacon
- 2kg butternut squash (seeded, chopped, and peeled)
- 2 cloves of minced garlic
- 150mL maple syrup
- 7g five-spice powder
- 1 onion (chopped and peeled)
- 60g butter
- 1L maple water
- Prepare oven and preheat it to 180°C.
- Have the bacon slices, garlic, and squash chunks into the roaster. Pour in the maple syrup and sprinkle with salt and five-spice powder and roast them until the squash begins to show color.
- Prepare a large pot. Have the onion sweat. Add in the roasted ingredients and the maple water and let the mixture simmer for 15 minutes over low heat.
- Have the blender reduce and adjust the seasoning. Strain it through cheesecloth or sieve. Keep it warm.
- This recipe can serve 4 portions.